Welcome to Our Blog!!

We wanted to find a way to share this wonderful time in our lives with all our family and friends. What better way than the Internet? So, we hope that you will visit often and experience the many laughs and tears that are to come as we journey into parenthood.

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Baby Got Bling!

Okay, the topic of ear piercing at a young age has always been a toss up for me. I have heard that getting a baby's ears pierced before they can find them goes over well. (And looks adorable, by the way!) On the other hand, I wondered who in the world would want to torture their baby more than they have to. After all, we are already forced to let a nurse put some needles in their thighs every two months! Also, I always thought it should be left up to our little girl whether she even wanted holes in her ears.

What made me decide to take my child to Wal-Mart and punch holes in her ears was pretty funny. I remember back when Mom took me to get mine done. It was back at the old Wal-Mart in Athens. (before Wal-Mart got so big and added all the extra stuff.) I remember sitting on the stool at the jewelry counter, watching some woman mark my ears. I vaguely remember only getting one done before deciding that I didn't want to go through that pain again! Mom tried walking me around, looking at toys, and promising a new Barbie if I would just get the other one done. That sounded great until I was perched back up on that stool with the same woman coming toward me with a piercing gun! Yeah, that's right. It took my mom three attempts/trips to get it done. (I clamped down and refused the second time, too.)

One great thing is now they have two women that can do it at the same time. One pinch and it's over with. I just figured she is easier to hold down and can't scream, "You're a bad Mommy!" at me yet! I still felt bad; but I'm so glad I did it. Siena really did great! She didn't like me holding her head still while they were marking; so by the time they used the guns, she was already aggravated. She did cry, of course; but, after about 5 minutes, you wouldn't know she just had them done. My friends Tracey and Tamson insisted on documenting the "occasion" by recording and taking pictures. So, here's a few pictures so that you can share in the "joy" of that night.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, she's getting so big already. She's so gorgeous. Great job on maintaining your blog site. This is so great watching her grow up here.
    Take care and love you three.
    Uncle Carl

    ReplyDelete