Welcome to Our Blog!!

We wanted to find a way to share this wonderful time in our lives with all our family and friends. What better way than the Internet? So, we hope that you will visit often and experience the many laughs and tears that are to come as we journey into parenthood.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Welcome to the Nursery!

The big news from the weekend is we finished the nursery! I snapped a few pictures to give you an idea of how it looks. As you guys know, I'm a big scrapbooker; so I have all the pictures to tell the story of how it came to be.

It's been a long journey... Including long, tiring hours for Tommy of painting, putting up crown molding and other projects..


After he finished Saturday night, we put together the crib and I got to decorating! We were all exhausted, but WE WERE FINISHED!


So, now here's your picture tour of the nursery...




The crib area isn't quite finished, yet. Stefan and Jen got us a wall cling to put over it. We will post pictures once we get that put up.


Instead of getting a changing table, we opted to just use a dresser and make it into a changing table. I am really pleased with the way it's turned out. Once we get a contoured changing pad to put between the baskets it will be complete it.


Here are just a few more misc pics I took around the room. The dress hanging up was bought by my mom and is the outfit we plan to bring her home in. (By the way, this is probably the only picture where you can actually see how great Tommy's sponging looks. It didn't show up too good in the other pictures.) Siena also has a book collection started in a basket next to the glider. We plan to read many stories to her there.


These pictures give it no justice. I hope you get to come by and see it in person. Tommy did such a great job fixing it up for our little girl. I now feel completely ready for her to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment