
I know the word "craziness" seems to be a new theme for the past few blogs. This the past two weeks really has been one of the hardest for me as a new mommy. Siena had her second ear infection. Which, typically wouldn't be any problem, but for some reason, the pediatrician put her on an antibiotic that she hasn't tried, yet. It tore up her stomach; so, the doc called in a sulfur antibiotic (yet, another new one). To make a long story short, this one didn't work either, and I finally got the guts up to just ask the nurse why in the world they didn't just put her on amoxicillian the first time. So, they called her in some of that to finish out her 10 days. Toward the end of this time, Siena started throwing up and having diarrhea. We thought her stomach was still upset from the first antibiotics. As it turns out, Mom and David, who had kept her for a few days (since our babysitter was sick, too) caught a stomach bug from her. I got it the next day, then Tommy got it that night. So, this has been our first bout with family sickness. I, now, sincerely have a whole new sympathy for parents with sick kids. It is rough! I want to say an especially big THANK YOU to my mom and David for helping us out. Luckily, she was off and able to fill in when our babysitter came down with bronchitis this same week.

Now, we are heading toward another stage. We believe Siena is starting to teethe again. Her top gums are swollen and all the symptoms are there. She has been a lot more fussy at night with these, but I have heard the eye teeth are a lot different than the first ones. She is now 7 months old. We are waiting to see her crawl! She has finally put together being on her knees and pushing up on her hands, but she is still rocking when she wants to go somewhere. We are not hearing any obvious words, yet, either. Every now and then she'll say "ut uh" or "yeah." I'm still holding out for "Mommy!" LOL.. Of course, I say it all the time to her; all the while, Tommy's echoing "Daddy" in the background. So, I'm sure she's wondering, "What in the world are these crazy people thinking?"
Tommy and I are doing good. We just celebrated my 26th birthday. It's hard to believe I'm on the "down" side of my 20's and sliding closer to 30. I know it's just a number. I just can't believe how quickly it's all went since we've gotten married. Time is going by way too fast! Even looking at Siena, I can't believe how big she is or how beautiful she is becoming. She's going to be starting kindergarten before I know it! I'm not big on New Year's resolutions or anything, but one goal I want to make a priority is to slow down and enjoy the time I have with her and the rest of my family. Family time is too priceless to waste.

No comments:
Post a Comment