Welcome to Our Blog!!

We wanted to find a way to share this wonderful time in our lives with all our family and friends. What better way than the Internet? So, we hope that you will visit often and experience the many laughs and tears that are to come as we journey into parenthood.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Dedication Weekend & More...

This weekend was an emotional roller coaster for us. Along with going to a funeral for my great-uncle, Marlin, we had an exciting time Sunday morning with Siena's dedication ceremony. A combination of all of these events really reminded me of how thankful I am for the family and friends that are in our lives. Also, how I need to cherish each day I have with each of them because we never know how long it'll last. So, I hope you all know how much you mean to us and how we love that you have a desire to be a part of our life.

The dedication ceremony was beautiful. I was worried Siena would be fussy because she was either hungry or tired, but she ended up falling asleep (thanks to Uncle Tommy) right before it started. So, she slept through it. I did make it through singing a song to her without choking up. That was an accomplishment in itself. I can cry so easily when I think of how thankful I am to have such a sweet, beautiful baby girl. Here are a few pictures that I liked of the special day.

.
Also, among many new things Siena has started to do, look at how I found her Tuesday morning. She has started to suck her thumb while she's sleeping! It's so cute, but I hope it doesn't turn into a habit all the time. She's always loved her pacifier, but, now, when she wakes up and it isn't there she just shoves in the next best thing. Sometimes it's all four fingers! LOL


Also, here's a video clip of how she reacts when I lay her down at the changing table. It's so cute how she loves those letters!

3 comments:

  1. You are doing good. You've posted regular blogs for the past two weeks. Keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so sweet! I like being able to hear her voice on the videos. The picture of the three of you at church is precious. Her smile is just delightful. Thanks for posting so that I can see events that I am missing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you all are enjoying it. Her voice is nice to hear, now. It just makes you fall in love with her even more! I want to try to post more regularly so that you don't feel like you are missing as much. Hopefully, she'll get to see you all in person soon.

    ReplyDelete