Welcome to Our Blog!!

We wanted to find a way to share this wonderful time in our lives with all our family and friends. What better way than the Internet? So, we hope that you will visit often and experience the many laughs and tears that are to come as we journey into parenthood.

Monday, April 13, 2009

I'm Not a Pin Cushion!!!

What a crazy week this has been. I had another doctor's appointment last Monday. While there, I was getting my first sugar test and a shot for having a negative type. All this an no ultrasound!! Anyways, they took my blood pressure before all this and they were concerned about my top number. (It was 160) Then, after getting a shot and FAILING my sugar test, they want to check it again! Of course, it was worse this time (163). So, after laying down and thinking relaxing thoughts, I was able to get it down to 130. My doctor wanted me to come back in that week for a 3 hour sugar test that includes fasting to check for gestational diabetes and other risks. I did that Thursday. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. The worst part was that my veins are so small, they ended up using the same vein for 3 pricks. So, I definitely felt like a pin cushion! I did ask that they check my blood pressure and it was perfectly fine. I got the results of my test today and I passed. So, it's been an emotional roller coaster week, but God is still watching over me and little Siena. I'm officially in my 3rd trimester now. We have been getting gifts from friends and family this week, too. It's really making us see that we are going to have a baby soon! Tommy is still working hard on the nursery. He lacks about two walls from having it painted. I will definitely post pics once he's finished.

1 comment:

  1. That is great news!!! I felt like a pin cushion too, especially since I did have the gestational diabetes and had to prick myself 3 times a day. Be thankful you passed the test! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete